Immigration

Author: Anonymous /


I am a Chinese immigrant that has just reached Angel Island and I'm getting processed into the U.S system to be able to live in the United States. I have come a long way from overseas by myself to make my life better or to just see what comes my way. Many of my people haven’t made it to the U.S because of sickness and other problem that the Americans don’t want coming into the states. My life can get better if I try or my life can get even worse then it was when I was shipped to Angel Island. When I first walked off the ship there were thousands and thousands I mean it was amazing to see how many different races that were surrounding me.
Now that I have been checked and have been named a immigrant that is able to live in the U.S now I can look for a job so that I can provide for me self to survive on my own like my mother and father told me before they were shipped back to China. Life by myself is a hard task and I think to myself sometimes that I will never make it. As the days go by slowly and lonely I start to get stronger and smarter with what I have to do to live and keep food in my belly and some warm clothes on my body. I keep telling myself things will get better but I still feel the same way when I got off the Roget ship that shipped me to the U.S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment