immigration

Author: Anonymous /


I’m sitting here holding my father’s hand, looking across a big sea of water at a city called New York. My mother and father had told my brother and I that this will be our home one day. I’m sure my family and I would love to live there, but this is reality and in this world now days, you can’t dream to big.

We traveled a lot of places but as we stopped at Ellis Island, we looked over the bridge and realized that the big city across from us is where we’d like to be. Complications arrive though; we have no money to survive. We’re barely making it through, but I have a loving mother and father as well as the best older brother to look out for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like this it shows love for they family and they going to try to make it in newyork

Mrs. H said...

I agree with Malik. I like how you show that you will be fine since you have your family.

Mr. Capelle said...

Brittany,

I think you've certainly captured the anxiety of seeing America for the first time.

rhettk said...

wow

Post a Comment