Immigration

Author: CodyP /


Hello. My name is Dushon Mandick. I came from Germany to Eliis Island. The boat ride was hell; there were so many people getting sick. Many of the immigrants who traveled with me died from sicknesses on the boat. My family and I left Germany because we were not able to worship our own religion. The boat ride took about a month to get to Ellis Island but when we arrived I have never felt better.
When we arrived we had to go through many procedures. They asked me many questions such as if I had a criminal record, if I had any allergies and also why I left Germany. They made me strip down to make sure I had no infections or that I was not smuggling anything into the United States. When everything was over I took the ferry into New York. I am starting a new life today and I have never felt happier

2 comments:

Mr. Capelle said...

Cody,

You've done a good job illustrating the registration process on Ellis Island.

CodyP said...

that was the best ive ever read

Post a Comment