Holocaust

Author: Anonymous /



The train ride was horrifying. We were packed in and hot and the unlucky ones just died right in front of me, but surprisingly I was only frightened because I didn’t know where I was being taken. When I was forced off the train car I was lead towards a line with mostly men who were healthy looking people and the others were sent to another line. After being stripped of my clothing I was sent to a shower. After we left the shower, a guard handed us a set of clothing. Then we were sent to another line where our identification numbers were tattooed on our forearms. From that point on we were only known as our numbers, but not our birth given names.

We were woken up early morning to work. It was brutal forced labor working outside in high heat and below freezing temperatures in the winter. Beatings were frequent for no reason at all. I was only beaten once, but my new friends were not as lucky. Every few months a German guard would come in to our barracks and choose them at random to be beaten. I was horrified when I started seeing the only 5 friends I had just start disappearing and dying one by one. Three were brutally beaten to death and two were sent to the gas chambers. Being the only one left I still have hope, but I don’t know if tonight will be my last night. I might be next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment